18 October 2008

Week One

a VERY busy week for me.




I just started reporting on the new company I am into. Atlast, and I think I’ve found the “right” job for me. I was hired as the new operations assistant in one of the most I can say biggest and prominent industrial park in the country. Kinda good, but the pressure is too much to handle for me. I can’t imagine running the whole operation of the entire industrial park, even if I am only assisting the head engineer it will really take a lot of effort doing so. The industrial park is under the Lopez Group of Companies which really surprises me because I really don’t have an idea about it. After I finish the orientation last Monday, I was introduced to the entire staff of the admin department.Gee! I was nervous at that time. There are a lot of eminent persons surrounding me. These engineers are the “real” engineers who knows every inch of the detail of a plan.




For this week, my assignment is to handle all the admissions of the contractors and sub contractors that will be entering the park. I have to learn how to issue those passes like ID’s, stickers,etc. so that they will have the permission to enter and proceed to their respective projects inside. There are certain requirements in each passes. I have to make sure that they are complying with those or less… they cannot enter. Done! It was quite easy, the problem is that when I encounter those “pasaway” people. They are annoying and truly pain in the ass.


Yesterday, I was again assigned at the lobby due to the absence of the receptionist. So, for the third time I was the one who will accept all the calls and applications of our locators. Unfortunately, around 10am in the morning the water supply in some areas of the park shut down for some unknown reason. The heck! I think there 3 locators who were affected. It probably took about 15minutes when supply was regained. Crap! I don’t like accepting calls especially if it is all about complaining. There are some people who can even understand things even if you are trying to explain every inch of the details.



Tomorrow, I’ll be starting to do my real duty. OMG! I’m doing the shop drawings. And what really sucks it that I already forget some of the commands in CAD! SO HELP ME GOD. The pressure in this new environment is really killing me. It’s affecting my cells. HARRRRRR!!! But then I have to look at it in a positive way. I had a wonderful job ( except for the salary… toinks!) Well, its part of reality. There is nothing I can do but to face this new challenges I had.

No comments: