29 December 2010

Job Application at PJ Lhuillier

Yesterday, I decided to give this particular company a shot. Well,.. I receive a text message from PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies last Tuesday afternoon informing to have an exam and interview with them the next day. You all know that I am not really that stable and comfortable anyway with my previous job that's why my applications with different companies are still on going despite the fact that I am currently engage with the JR Panado Constructions. I am not getting any younger and I guess I have to make some move now in terms of my career.




I got up that early, which I am not used to anymore. Waking up early in the morning is such a torture for me especially if it's cold and plus the fact that it's raining. OMG! Somehow I survived... hehehe. My appoinment is at 9am. I manage to go there 30 minutes earlier. Cool! I had never encountered any traffic along the way. We're only 5 applicants there,. the older 2 men were for the Supervisor position. I became curious because I am the only one applying for that particular position ( I am applying for Draftman anyway ). The other two, which is a boy and a girl was applying for a particular office staff position. We had a series of exams. It's a battery test. We had to answer a lot of questions in a particular time. Cool! My hands are getting numb and it's making it difficult for me to write. The testing room was so cool ( goodness ). And I cannot stand too much coldness. The examiner gave us a break and asked us to be back at 2pm. WTF! 2pm,.. it's just 11:30am,. where the hell can we go and wait?!?!





I ate lunch with the other 2 applicants. The girl was nice,. she's friendly enough to start a conversation. Like me,. she's still with her current job. Both of us we're still receiving calls and text messages regarding our jobs. ( My boss kept calling me with I was taking the exam ). She told me that she wants new environment. She's been employed there for almost two years. She's kinda bored. Anyway,. her name is Gemma. Unfortunately, I didn't get the name of the other guy. Funny... We're almost together the whole, manage to have conversation if given a chance, ate lunch together, sit at the waiting area beside him but then... I DON'T KNOW HIS NAME... Hahaha,..





The 2pm interview turns out to be 3pm. Imagine,.. we were waiting for about almost 3 hours. Gees... We're all sleepy at that time. Duh! The HR who interviewed us just asked some questions about our personal background and previous work. It only took about 10 minutes. GOODNESS. At around 3:30pm we've manage to part ways. I don't know but I am hoping that somehow they will still call me next week. the HR said that I am still off to two more interviews. DUH! Two more! One with the Supervisor and the lst one with the Manager. Well... I hope everything will turn out well next year.




I guess it's about time for me to get out of my comfort zone. Wish me well...

2 comments:

Engkantadah said...

Are you still connected with this company? I read you post and was feeling like what you felt years ago. ^_^
Hoping for a response.

Anonymous said...

Just got my final interview yesterday. Simple questions lang with supervisors and manager and now i dont know what will happen next. �� sabi lang icocontact daw yung sa hr. Wala ng sinabi. Haaaaaays. Still hoping pero mukang ligwak.