07 March 2009

I Heart Francis M



I was still at the office when I heard the news that the famous rapper already passed by. I am not really an avid fan of Francis M but I grew listening to his music and his passion for his craft really turn my head around. That guy is really amazing. He is so gifted with a lot of talent. His music really digs in to you whenever you heard it anywhere. And he never stops doing things to improve and learn more as time goes by.

Actually, when I confirmed the news in the internet, the first thing that hits my mind was, “ what about the Eheads Concert?” He is a very dear friend of the band’s front man Ely Buendia. And he was supposed to be the “the surprise thingy” on the event. So, sad… (sigh)


If I remember it right, the movie Kamada from Raymond Red is one of the first indie television feature that I’ve seen. Francis M plays the main character and I think I’ve seen it for about 3-4 times already.Last year,I also wrote a blog article about this man when rumors starts spreading that he was diagnosed with cancer. Writing that article made me search a couple of facts about him and I really learned something from that.It somehow inspires me and from then on I followed every episode of his "happy battle".

“Don’t let anything stop you from doing what you want, even your fears.” This was the few lines that once caught my attention in one of his interviews when he was already diagnosed with AML. Though his disease is really something serious to deal with, you
can still see on his aura the optimism and eagerness to live.

I envied his strength and his intelligence. He pictures the real image of a FREEMAN,..not afraid of anything and always willing to take new challenges in life. A new journey is now heading his way now. Maybe it’s time to have a glint of hip hop rap thingy up there. Von Voyage!

PEACE MAN!

Photos courtesy of FLickr.com

No comments: