19 September 2008

family matters

After a day of staying in Manila, finally I am back again in our home in Laguna. Whew! The weather here isnt that fine. It's been raining all day. This afternoon, mom and I went to church to attend the mass. One of the usual thing that we do when I used to be a government employee in our place. I really prefer to hear the mass in the afternoon during weekdays. The less crowd, the more solemn it is for me to utter my petition. We bought flowers for my grandma. I always offer flowers for her, as requested. Hehehe,.. I still remember how she ask for some flowers to me in my dreams. I miss my grandma a lot, and I know mom is missing her too very much.
Rightnow, my family is facing a serious problem. I know that for a fact, eventhough mom didn't say anything about it. She's been having a sleepless night for the past few weeks. I guess its about time to do part. I told her my plans, although she's afraid about me, about the things that I'm gonna do. She cannot argue anymore because I think its the solution.
My sister can no longer provide for us this time. She's already having a hard time their in another country. Mom wants to go back to work, that only means, she will leave us again. Her work is also based abroad. But I insisted. I told her that I'm the one that should go. She should just look after my younger brother who is still in highschool. I have to do this this time. I have to do part. Honestly, I am her eldest daughter.
Here's the story, that sister of mine that I have known for 24 years is just my cousin. Her real mother is my mom's older sibling. She's a result of an early marriage. By that time, my mom is still going to college but already earning from her work. She took the responsibility of taking care of that kid which happens to be my sister now. When my dad marry my mom, he also accepted my sister and treated her as his own. So, by the time I came to the earth, I already had a sister. Unfortunately, my younger brother is the only person in the entire family who didn't know this. But who else cares? We're still related by blood, and she is still my sister. I was very fortunate to have her. Imagine, she took the all responsiblity and play the role that I should be portraying.
That's why I think is about time to do my part. I hope my plans will work out. I hope I am heading in the right direction. I'm just about to begin my journey. I'm just about to take few steps. Am I ready? I think so...




No comments: